zBlur 2 is a post effect for Cinema 4D that creates a DOF effect with support for custom aperture shapes and highlight boosting. zBlur 2 plays nice with other post effects, such as Glow, Highlights, or Cel Renderer. zBlur 2 also supports depth maps with reflections and transparency information.
In addition to that zBlur 2 can desaturate or colorize images based on depth information.
zBlur 2 provides a fast and easy way to adjust settings with a tool named ZBI (zBlur Interactive). ZBI allows you to apply zBlur procesing to a pre-rendered image or image sequence. This allows you more freedom to experiment with settings without the overhead of re-rendering.
zBlur 2 does not require any additional modules, only the Cinema 4D core.
zBlur 2 - Features
* Easily render depth map.
* Internal 32bit depth buffer.
* New ZBI (zBlur Interactive) tool for processing of pre-rendered sequences.
* Five blur types: Simple, Gaussian, Gaussian Inverse, Spline, and Lens.
* Lens Blur can load custom aperture images.
* New highlight boosting.
* Supports it's own depth multipass channel.
* Depth based desaturation and colorization.
* New viewport display.
* zBuffer preview window for instant feedback of zBuffer changes.
* Works with unlimited NET clients.
* Alpha and Transparency calculated into the depth map supported.
* Does not cancel out other post effects.
* Does not require the Advanced Render module.
NOTE: To use zBlur2 with Team Render Distributed Rendering, you must render multipass and you must include the Post Effects multipass channel!
zBlur2 is now available for free for Cinema 4D versions 15 through 19. R20 is not supported.
Get it here